Single Visit Root Canal
What Is Single visit Root Canal Therapy?
• This Single visit Root Canal treatment is done to avoid multiple injections & visits, thus reducing the patient FEAR.
• Single sitting root canal treatment is a new advance in dentistry, which has made root canal treatment absolutely painless.
• Extremely comfortable & less time consuming.
• At Dr Khurana Super Specialty Dental Clinic we perform the entire root canal treatment in a single sitting with computerized latest digital technology x-ray, protaper endo hand piece, apex pulp locater and that too with an antibiotic coverage for about 2-3 days depending on the type of decay and oral hygiene of the patient.
Why Root Canal Treatment at Dr. Khurana Super Super specialty Dental Clinic?
• Previously, rct was considered to be painful. But now days, with revolutionary changes in concepts, it is considered as a routine & painless procedure and done only one visit.
• Generally completed in a single sitting of 40 to 45 minutes. Multiples root canals can be performed in a single sitting.
• All single sitting root canals are done in our clinic by Dr Pardeep Khurana is 10 years Experienced and Award Winning Endodontist and Implant Specialist Dentist in India. He use Computer guided technique & state of art high tech equipments like rotary endodontics, protaper system, Apex locator , radiovisuography (RVG)
• Performed under sterilization protocol with ultramodern computerized latest digital technology x-ray, protaper endo hand piece, apex pulp locater.
Single sitting Root Canal Indications
• Patient is in much pain and the swelling.
• Dental caries is moving towards the nerves of the mouth.
• An injury has occurred in the teeth and it is at exposure to the nerve.
• A severe sensitivity of the teeth is making it impossible for the patient to consume hot or cold liquid and even food items.
• Acute infection with no pus accumulation in & around the tooth.
• Non- Vital Tooth.
• Previous accidental traumatized history, particular front teeth.
• Above condition root canal treatment can be possible in a single sitting
Advantages of single sitting root canal procedure.
• Absolutely painless procedure.
• Reducing the patient anxiety,
• Less traumatic for the patient.
• Less time consuming.
• Avoid multiple injections.
• Avoid multiple visits.
• Affordable and Cost Effective.
Laser-Assisted Root Canal Treatment
Let’s see how lasers can be of assistance in root canal procedures. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) therapy utilizes light beams to remove or modify soft and hard tissues in the mouth. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of various lasers as an adjunct in root canal procedures. Lasers essentially emit intense focused light energy, the particular properties of which can interact with biologic tissues. Lasers can now be used to open the surface of a tooth to access the root canal, remove diseased tissue, clean, disinfect and shape the canal, and fill it.
According to an AAE position paper, the use of lasers in aiding root canal disinfection is more promising than in root canal preparation. Lasers can be used to remove the dental pulp and organic debris, and to even modify (shape and clean) the dentinal walls of the root canals. Once preparation is complete and the root canal is sealed (usually with gutta-percha), the laser may be used to soften and mold the sealant for the root canal system.
Advantages Of Laser Root canal treatment
-Lasers can target bacteria and infected material with greater accuracy, at times preserving more of the healthy tooth structure.
-They can also reduce discomfort by eliminating the jarring sounds of drills as well as limiting the need for local anesthesia.
-There are reports of less bleeding during root canal surgical procedures and reduced post-operative discomfort and infection.