Root Canal Treatment in Shahabad and Kurushetra
Dental pain or tooth related pain is one of the most common cause for which a patient seeks a dentist. Previously common treatment was removal of offending tooth to get relief from pain. But presently the focus of treatment is conservative and not only to relieve from pain but also save the offending tooth.
Importance of saving a natural tooth will maintain
• a) Esthetic i.e appearance
• b) Function- chewing of food
• c) Physiology- proper speech or phonation
So we recommend a better and patient friendly treatment, as in long terms a missing tooth will need a replacement so will cost extra financial burden on patient.
What is the purpose of RCT?
The sole purpose of root canal treatment is to remove the infection of tooth and save the tooth.
Am I a candidate for RCT?
If you have even one of these symptoms then we will advise you after proper diagnosis to opt for RCT
Common Symptoms requiring an RCT:
• Severe tooth pain, typically relieved by cold water and increases with the intake of hot liquids.
• Pain worsens when you lie down and reduces when you sit up.
• Pain stays for a long time after consuming cold things.
• Swelling around the tooth.
• Constant tooth pain.
• Pain when chewing.
• Tooth pain referred to head and ears as well.
• Deep cavity (carious) in tooth.
• Severe attrition of tooth i.e loss of outer portion of tooth on grinding surface.
• Fractured tooth may be due to trauma.
Is it a painful procedure?
NO! it is done under local anesthesia i.e also for the first visit. Subsequent visit doesnot require even local anesthesia.
What does treatment involve?
Treatment often involves from one to three visits. During treatment, I your dentist will remove the diseased pulp. The pulp chamber and root canal(s) of the tooth are then cleaned and sealed.
Here’s how your tooth is saved through treatment:
1. First, an opening is made through the crown of the tooth.
2. An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
3. The pulp is then removed. The canal(s) is cleaned and shaped to a form that can be filled.
4. The pulp is removed, and the root canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped.
5. Medications may be put in the pulp chamber and root canal(s) to help get rid of germs and prevent infection.
6. A temporary filling will be placed in the crown opening to protect the tooth between dental visits. The tooth may be left open for a few days to drain. You might also be given medicine to help control infection that may have spread beyond the tooth.
7. The pulp chamber and root canals are filled and sealed.
8. The temporary filling is removed and the pulp chamber and root canal(s) are cleaned and filled.
9. In the final step, a ceramic or porcelain crown is usually
placed over the tooth.
How many visit does it take to finish the procedure?
Now a days even single sitting RCTs are done but it solely depends upon the extent of infection and it may take 3-4 visits of 15 min duration.
How long will the restored tooth last?
Your restored tooth could last a lifetime, if you continue to care for your teeth and gums. However, regular checkups are necessary. As long as the root(s) of a treated tooth are nourished by the tissues around it, your tooth will remain healthy
Dr Khurana Super Specialty dental clinic is the leading dental clinic that provides most advanced root canal treatment in Shahabad and Khurukshetra at affordable cost .The Root Canal Treatment provided at their clinic in completes in a single sitting in 45-60 minutes or Multiple sittings with no pain and the treated tooth functions normally with no sensitivity or pain thereafter.Please feel free to contact our clinic for root canal treatment at Shahabad and Kurukshetra.